Here are the price revisions from January 2019 - WARNING ! There is often a 'waiting list' for Set-up work of at least 2 weeks due to demand - this time may increase. Small repairs can be done quicker - please enquire.
All Set-up work includes 'Fret Dressing and Reprofiling'.
Strings are not included and can be supplied but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Acoustic 6 string Guitar £125 (excluding strings)
Acoustic 12 string Guitar £125 + £30 surcharge (excluding strings) £155
Acoustic Bass Guitar - 4 String £125 (excluding strings)
Electric 6 string Guitar £125 (excluding strings)
Electric 12 string Guitar £125 + £30 surcharge (excluding strings) £155
Electric Guitar with locking tremolo:
e.g. Floyd Rose or Kahler type £155 surcharge included (excluding strings)
Bass Guitar - 4 String £125 (excluding strings)
Bass Guitar - 5 String £130 (excluding strings)
Bass Guitar - 6 String £137 (excluding strings)
Mandolin £149 (excluding strings)
Banjo £149 (excluding strings)
STRING COST as supplied at Professional Setup
The costs of strings supplied by GT Services are as follows:
Standard Electric £8 e.g. Ernie Ball or D'Addario
Standard Acoustic Phosphor Bronze and Bronze £9 e.g. Ernie Ball or D'Addario
Classical Acoustic £10 e.g. D'Addario
Additional costs apply to instruments that require extra work
Price will be dependent on the amount of labour involved
Typical common examples include:
* Badly worn frets needing heavy milling to achieve good specification - from £35
* Partial Refret - example 6 frets - from £75
* Replace nut due to the slots being too low - from £50 incl Graph Tech unit
* Replace saddle Tusq/Bone - too low/wrong radius - from £45 incl Graph Tech unit
* Glue in loose frets caused by wood shrinkage or oversized fret slots £35
* Dealing with Evo Gold or Stainless Steel Frets adds a charge of £40 to £80 depending.
* Correct errors made at manufacture
* Additional repair work